Viton is known for its artificial rubber and fluoropolymer elastomer, typically used in O-rings and other molded or extruded items. There are four households of Viton polymers, and the fluorine material of these most popular Viton grades differs between 66 and 70%.
Benefits of Viton
Compared to most other elastomers, Viton is much better able to hold up against high-temperature level, while all at once maintaining its excellent mechanical residential or commercial properties. With its low permeability to such a wide variety of compounds, Viton is understood to provide remarkably great efficiency in oxygenated vehicle fuels.
- Viton O-rings have a very broad temperature level variety from -26 ° C to 250 ° C (-15 ° F to +400 °/ 440 ° F). Low compression set and low gas permeability.
- Viton O-rings have outstanding resistance to acids, mineral and grease and greases, fuels, aliphatic, chlorinated and fragrant hydrocarbons, non-flammable hydraulic fluid, and several organical solvents and chemicals.
- Viton O-rings are remarkably resistant to aging, ozone, and chemical attacks.
- Viton seal homes: heat resistance.
- Viton seals are popular for their exceptional heat resistance. ERIKS has been checking the heat resistance at 250 ° C for 70 hours, and the tests reveal ideal outcomes for Tensile Strength Modification, Elongation Modification, and Solidity Modification. These tests guarantee that your seals have a maximum life expectancy.
Viton vs. EPDM Seals
It is frequently used in the roof for waterproofing, as EPDM seals well. Particularly, EPDM runs successfully in temperature levels varying from -49 F to 293F (-45 C to 145C), making it best for applications at any temperature level.
While lots of rubbers have heat resistances, just a couple of can handles lower temperature levels the method EPDM does. This makes it the very first option for anybody attempting to produce a seal in a cold environment or with cold products — real union ball valve with EPDM seals o-ring.
In addition to a big temperature level tolerance, EPDM likewise has a large variety of chemical resistances. These remarkable homes, integrated with how affordable it is, make EPDM a really popular seal product.
Viton is an artificial rubber made from high grade rubber gasket sheeting and fluoropolymer elastomer. ” We won’t get into what differentiates an elastomer from a rubber here. Viton is substantially thicker than a lot of types of rubber, which makes Viton seals some of the greatest.
Viton has a large temperature level tolerance, which varies from -4 F to 410F (-20 C to 210C). The high-temperature levels Viton can hold up against make it perfect for high-temperature level applications.
The primary problem with Viton is its rate. When buying a big amount, you can anticipate the Viton parts to be much more costly than EPDM.